Looking For Anything Specific?

Philippine Airlines Impact Interview



Hello future FA's ❤️


I applied to PAL last February 2015 through their email address posted on their website. They called me 2 months after I sent my resume.


April 20 they called and told me that I'm qualified for the Impact Interview and invited me to their office in PNB Macapagal Pasay. They asked some questions like my height, age, if I'm single and if I have a bachelor's degree. After that, they told me that they will send a confirmation text but
I didn't receive any so I called them again after 2 days. After my call, they send a text message :


"Good day! This is Des from Philippine Airlines. We would like to invite you for an impact interview for
cabin crew position. Here are the details.


when: April 28, 2015 (Tuesday). 08:00am
where: 2F Talent Acquisition Office, PNB Financial Center, Macapagal Avenue, Pasay City.


Bring: valid ID, 1 2x2 pic, 4r pic(1 close up and 1 whole body Formal), updated copy of your resume,
photocopy of TOR(can be followed up if not yet available).


Attire: Male- long sleeves polo with necktie, black slacks and leather shoes.
Female- black skirt and blazer with shorts sleeves polo inside, skin-toned stockings, high-heeled
closed-toe shoes, make-up and tie your hair in a bun.


Kindly reply your FULL NAME/FS for confirmation."


Before the day of the interview, I researched a lot about the questions that they might ask and on almost all the blog that I read, its "tell me about yourself" so I prepared my answer (better prepare yours because this is really what they asked 🙂 )


✦ THE DAY ✦


When I got there, there are already applicants waiting in the lobby (about 15 applicants). At exactly 8 am, we were instructed to go to the 2nd floor. We went inside the "classroom-like" room. Then, the staff told us to sort our resume, pictures, and TOR and pass it to them. I don't have my TOR that time since I just graduated so I just submitted my resume and pictures only. They gave us 5 mins to go to the restroom and refreshed ourselves. After that, the interviewers (2 ladies and 1 guy) came in and introduced themselves. 


The interview was like what I expected. It's a mass interview where you will go in front and tell something about yourself for 2-3 minutes. I think there were 25 applicants and my name was the last one they called because unfortunately, they call on alphabetical order (surname). There were more guys at that time and applicants have a degree in nursing, HRM, and tourism. Only me and the other guy are IT.


✦ JUDGMENT TIME ✦


When you're not accepted they will call your name and they will give you a paper saying that you didn't qualify. From my observation, only 8  passed the first round. I don't know how many passed the last round. Unfortunately, I got a regret letter which means I didn't pass. 
They will not tell you why you didn't pass nor will give you feedback on how to improve yourself. You will just go out of the room (sad).


✦ MY ADVICE✦


Though I didn't pass, I want to give you some advice. if you don't mind 😄. You don't really need to consume the 2-3 minutes introducing yourself. Just be confident and say only the important things like your experiences and why you want to be a flight attendant or something interesting about yourself. Just be confident! Be confident! But not overconfident. I learned that the shorter your speech, the better. Because for me, I talked too much that in the end, I got nervous lol.


I hope that this will help you with your application. If you have a question, comment below.



x

Post a Comment

22 Comments

  1. Kelangan po ba black blazer din?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, can I know what's your height?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi erika, pal also texted me for an impact interview by august 2. now, im not sure if im going because i have a scars in my right hand, elbow and in my chin, and my teeth are not so good or nice. plase give me an advice. thankyou (sorry for the wrong grammar)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pagnag apply ng cabin crew Kailangan 4yrs graduate? Or pwde 2yrs Graduate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! From what i know, pwede atleast 2yrs graduate in college 😊

      Delete
  5. You're always welcome jesa :) wala naman. Sa site ka na mag fi-fill up ng forms :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi. Just wanna ask if yung short sleeves na polo na sinabi ng Hr is the same as polo shirt?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi erika! Ask ko lang po for ticketing and customer service may idea ka po ba kung panu yung process ng application nila? At same din ba ang outfit sa f.a interview?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi erika! Ask ko lang po for ticketing and customer service may idea ka po ba kung panu yung process ng application nila? At same din ba ang outfit sa f.a interview?

    ReplyDelete
  10. hello erika ..gusto q lang po malaman kung ano po yung mga questions sa impact interview ..im so nervous kasi eh

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi ate Erika. Ask ko po sana if my soft copy pa kayo ng Personal Info Sheet? Nahirapan po kasi ako magconvert ng file from pdf to word. Naka pdf po kasi yong sinend sakin ng PAL.. Here's my email euleparto@yahoo.com thanks and have a safew flights always :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! Ask ko lang, as in ba right after mag tell me about yourself lahat ng applicants, sasabihin na kung sino mga pumasa? Tapos the next/certain day na next round or tuloy tuloy yun sa isang araw? Thank you X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Miss Erika, I'm also an IT graduate. My impact interview will be on September 1,2016. Thank you for your blog it really helps alot, I hope I can make it 😃
    God bless

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. after you introduce about your self there is a follow up question? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI! For impact interview there will be no follow up questions, they will just asses how you communicate and your posture as well. But be prepared because if you pass the impact interview, that's the time when they will ask questions. :)

      Delete
  17. Hi erika, just want to ask if you really need to be fluent in English for you to pass the impact interview?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Erika, when you tried it, were there applicants who have braces? or not perfect teeth? and do they check your skin like you need to wear sleeveless?

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am having second thoughts if I should consider the interview or not. PAL texted me last Thursday to have an impact interview on the 13th of this month, and still haven't confirmed yet. I have pimples, scars and blemishes. I don't even have a good set of teeth. I really want to be an FA but the thing is I am not confident enough. my family keeps on nagging me to go for it but I believe I'm still lacking. they expect too much from me and I don't want to disappoint them. I just don't know what to do now.

    ReplyDelete